- To define and maintain high professional and ethical standards in all areas
of operation of mutual fund industry
- To recommend and promote best business practices and code of conduct to be
followed by members and others engaged in the activities of mutual fund and asset
management including agencies connected or involved in the field of capital markets and
- To interact with the Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI) and to
represent to SEBI on all matters concerning the mutual fund industry.
- To represent to the Government, Reserve Bank of India and other bodies on
all matters relating to the Mutual Fund Industry.
- To develop a cadre of well trained Agent distributors and to implement a
programme of training and certification for all intermediaries and other engaged in the
- To undertake nation wide investor awareness programme so as to promote
proper understanding of the concept and working of mutual funds.
- To disseminate information on Mutual Fund Industry and to undertake studies
and research directly and/or in association with other bodies.